Wednesday, August 25, 2010

How I spent time in Trondheim ...


Trondheim, City Center

I wanted to visit in Norway since 1997 ... when my mom went to the World Championships in Grimstad ... she told me that it is very beautiful and unusual country! With nature there is a wonderfull, beautiful woods, wild cliffs and of course the ocean!
This year I finally had a chance to make my dream real...
Marte Reenaas, my friend, invited me to her house ... and she lives in Trondheim.
Trondheim-was founded by Viking King Olav Tryggvason in 997, was the nation's first capital and continues to be the coronation city where Norway's kings from Harald Hårfagre (872-933) to King Harald V (1991 -) have been hailed, crowned and blessed .
Local residents called “Trønder”.
Today, Trondheim is the third largest city in the country, its population is 150 thousand people. The city occupies a special place in history and culture of Norway. Trondheim - a modern city, where the largest university in which students learn to 25,000. Here is one of the largest centers of high technology in Europe.
Trondheim is situated in the central part of Norway, just 500 km from Oslo.
So, about me…In August in Trondheim was World Championship (Foot-Orienteering) ... 
I decided that this is an excellent chance to visit Norway and compete at WOC !
I came 6th of August, Øyvind Watterdal pic me up at the airport ,he is my good friend, a skier-orienteer ... during the World Champ, I lived with Lars Moholdt,Tia,Ove and Øyvind  ... they rent an apartment ... not far from the ski center Granasen ... yet passed the championship, I almost did not go anywhere and not see the local beauties. Just stayed home and talked to the guys ...))) One evening they participated in a cross, on which they get strawberry))) so that evening we had a very delicious dessert)))
After the Championship, I moved to Marte  and Christian, her husband ...
They live not far from the center ... in a small apartment, 2 rooms, kitchen ... and a huge room for sporting equipment))) its everything there! And bicycles, rollers, skis and equipment ... ... all just a dream for athlete))) I like the fact that right in the corridor they had a simulator, for strong hands, it is very important for the winter ... and also right next to the house big forest. In general, all the conditions for training ... to go out and run ... or skiing ...))) GREAT!
First of all, the day of rest, I went for a walk around the city, with the camera)) took a lot of fotos…walk in the place of the final Sprint. But of course I'm not far away ... a lot of walking))) in the evening we planned with Marte to go into town for a walk ... And of course go)))
The car we have left right in the center, not far from the Cathedral Nidaros ... with him and we started to tour))) how everything is beautiful! Words can not describe ... Cathedral, the historic building, and inside it is BIG, and all old .. so bad that I cant make photo there...
Then we went to the old part of town, across the river to see what houses used to be in Trondheim ... here are some photos ...





Then we headed to the center, walk along the river, saw a food court and boat center ... Just like in the pictures)) Beauty!
Before we go home, went into the fish shop ... for dinner we had a Norwegian delicacy of the fish ... Salmon ... Very tasty!
Before my departure to Bulgaria, I, Marte and Christian decided to go to a restaurant Galaksen, which is located in the tower Tyuholt. The height of this tower, built by the Office communication, 120 m. The elevator takes you to the terrace, offering panoramic view of Trondheim and its surroundings. Revolving restaurant Galaksen makes a complete turn for 1 hour.
the Cathedral Nidaros
That's how I became acquainted with the whole town!
I would have to go to Norway in the winter too ...

No comments:

Post a Comment